10 Books to Read Before Summer Ends
How are you doing with your summer reading list? We all need time away from our phones, social media, and household chores to sit down and pick up a book (or Audiobook). If you are looking for book recommendations, you’re in the right place!
The team here at Kimiya International compiled a list of 10 book recommendations for you to explore before summer ends. The list contains both fiction and nonfiction books ranging from self-help to business to fantasy. Take your pick!
“NEVER PUT OFF TILL TOMORROW THE BOOK YOU CAN READ TODAY” – Holbrook Jackson
- Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know About the People We Don't Know - Malcom Gladwell
This is a Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Nonfiction (2019) and offers a powerful examination of our interactions with strangers. Talk about thought provoking!
- Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents - Isabel Wilkerson
Simply put, this National Book Critics Circle Award Nominee for Nonfiction (2020) and Goodreads Choice Award for History and Biography (2020) is real, heavy, and a must read.
- The Midnight Library - Matt Haig
I think we’ve all wondered “what if?” after choosing or not choosing a certain path. This is a novel about choices and regrets. The Midnight Library is a Goodreads Choice Award for Fiction (2020) and one of the most current titles on the list.
- The Win Without Pitching Manifesto - Blair Enns
This manifesto outlines 12 steps written to inspire owners of independent creative businesses. In general, the book lays out how to be an expert and not a salesperson.
- We Should All Be Feminists - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
The definition of feminism is dynamic and constantly evolving. This quick, yet intriguing read explores what feminism means today.
- Coffee Self-Talk: 5 Minutes a Day to Start Living Your Magical Life - Kristen Helmstetter
One of my personal favorites! We all have days where we just don’t have it. This quick read will guide you to practice daily self-talk to ignite it! Whatever it may be.
- Primal Branding: Create Zealots for Your Brand, Your Company, and Your Future - Patrick Hanlon and Alan Sklar
Another business book! Good for an Audiobook listen while out for a walk.
- Rising Strong - Brené Brown
Need a reset? This Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Nonfiction (2015) will help you do just that. Acclaimed as transformative, impactful, and informative.
- Stronger Than Trust: Igniting the Faith Within Us - Channing Lee
This modern approach to faith describes stories of recent challenges and how faith led to perseverance. A nice feelgood read.
- Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype - Clarissa Pinkola Estés
Inspiring, mesmerizing, powerful.
Which book will you read (or listen to) next? Remember to always find time to read. Whether during your lunch break, at soccer practice, or (my preference) before bed.
Written by Tammika Stocker
Tammika is an inbound marketing professional with a passion for strategic communications. Outside of the marketing profession, she is a kickboxing instructor, fitness enthusiast, and a seeker of progress.